This challenge takes our younger poetry fans deep into the winter season, an ideal challenge for the Christmas holiday. And they can wrap up warm and turn poetry detectives to find the answer to the clues.
The answers are below – no peeking until you are finished!
1. What does the classroom smell of in Berlie Doherty’s poem – Quieter than Snow
2. What must you reach for in Grace Nichol’s poem – Lady Winter’s Rap
3. What does the house smell of on Christmas Day morning in John Lyon’s poem – Christmas Come-An-Gorn
4. What do white roofed houses do in Robert Hull’s poem – Snow
5. Who spilt icing sugar on the ground in Valerie Bloom’s poet - Frost
Scroll down to see the answers...
2) your thermals
3) food festivity
4) shine and glow
5) a giant