This challenge is all about finding poems on the Children’s Poetry Archive.
You will need to use the search bar in Let’s Explore to discover the answers - https://childrens.poetryarchive.org/explore. You can search using particular words or the name of the poet. Enjoy listening to the poems too.
The answers are below – no peeking until you are finished!
1. Find two poems which are both about a big, fierce animal which lives in water and has a long tale and lots of teeth. It has a name beginning with the letter A. What are the poems called and who wrote them?
2. Can you see a poem by Laura Mucha about the Cinderella Fairy Tale? What is the name of the poem?
3. There is a poem about wobbly stuff which you can eat for pudding (it’s not jelly!) What is the poem called? Which language does the title of the poem come from?
4. Look for a poem by John Foster about a boy who is struggling to fit into his clothes What is the title of the poem?
5. What is the name of the poem by Berlie Doherty about someone being turned into a vegetable?
Scroll down to see the answers...
1) ‘Alligator Pie’ by Dennis Lee and 'Alligator Problem' by Michael Rosen
2) ‘Dear Ugly Sisters’
3) ‘Blancmange’ - French
4) ‘Shaun Short’s Short Shorts'
5) ‘If you Were a Carrot’