Halloween is all about ghosts, witches and wizards, spooky happenings, tricks and treats. This challenge is all about poems full of strange things. How many answers can you magic up?
The answers are below – no peeking until you are finished!
1. What is the spell you must say if you want to fly in Dennis Lee’s Poem ‘The Wizard’?
2. How many matchsticks must you use to trick the Duppy in James’ Berry’s Poem ‘Trick a Duppy?’
3. What must you do on Monday if you want to be a Wizard’s Assistant in Laura Mucha’s poem ‘Wanted Wizard’s Assistant’?
4. What do the stairs do in Philip Gross’s poem ‘House of Air’
5. What does the Witch Ghost dare you to do in John Lyon’s poem ‘Witch Ghost’
Scroll down to see the answers...
1. Zoomberry, Zoomberry, Zoomberry Pie. Zoomberry,
Zoomberry, now I can fly
3. Magic Marshmallows
4. Zig zag to the sky through invisible floors
5. Open the door, look me in the eye and let me in