Children’s Poetry Archive Challenge 12
Back to School
School is all about learning, asking questions and finding answers. Poetry can help you learn lots of things. See how many answers you can find in our ‘Back to School’ challenge.
The answers are below – no peeking until you are finished!
1. What happened when Snow White bit into the apple in John Mole’s poem ‘At the Pantomime’?
2. What did Billy McBone keep under lock and key in Allan Ahlberg’s poem ‘Billy McBone’?
3. How far away are the stars in Dennis Lee’s poem ‘The Coming of Teddy Bears’?
4. What is the best thing about Shakespeare in Laura Mucha’s poem ‘Compliments of Shakespeare’?
5. How many dinosaurs are left at the end of John Foster’s poem ‘Ten Dancing Dinosaurs’?
Scroll down to see the answers...
1) she fell asleep
2) his mind
3) half a million miles
4) his bum